Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Life's What You Make It.

I'm getting ready to make a major life change. Most of you would think I'm crazy for doing what I'm about to do but I've got my reasons. I find myself at this late stage in life sitting atop a mountain of missed opportunity. I know...somebody call an waa-ambulance. Don't be so quick to judge, hear me out.

                I've lived most of my life in fear and self-delusion. I have shown an uncanny ability to either completely miss fine opportunities altogether or turn them into world class fuck ups. I'm not dwelling in the past here, that last statement has relevance. When life drops situations into my lap, I almost feel guilty now to let them pass. I've learned that some things just shouldn't be ignored. A favorite saying of mine is, "If you are afraid to take chances, don't bitch about your miserable life." I've been asking for guidance. I've been asking for a full life. I've been asking for courage to live it. Do you think I should hide from the results of those requests? Ahem.."God, I offer myself to Thee, to build with and do as you see fit...", "Whoa! Unless it involves stepping out of the box!" Yeah, right. Not this guy. I'll tell you what, when you start getting a few direct answers from a very powerful source that you didn't think was listening...you'd better start acting on what you get.

                I wanna put all my money on a long shot. I want to make glorious mistakes and yell, "Doh!" loud enough for the whole world to hear. I want to find success where few would have the balls to look. I was dying for so long I don't want to miss a thing.

                Life is pretty interesting and not half as scary as I envisioned it for all these years. I'm gonna live it. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment